When my pal Gill forwarded me a link to Katherine Center's comfort list today, she was right on the money. Living your dream life, the life where you feel so blessed, being able to do things you love every day, is not without its blemishes.
I'm presently feeling unhinged, flying off the handle and/or wanting to cry at the most random moments. That fact that it's somewhat reminiscent of (though nowhere as extreme as) when my little 'un was born, tells me that it's time to visit my Chinese Medicine dude for some balance and restoration.
But, in the meantime, this is what gave me comfort today:
* golden autumn leaves, illuminating my path
* my little 'un stamping her feet, laughing, and clapping at her first live concert
* a crisp sunny morning, reminding me of New York
* being offered a seat on the tram and accepting it
* the theatrical pretend snoring noises my little 'un makes to tell me she's ready for sleep
* delightful packages arriving in the mail
* my little 'un conducting a phone conversation on my (switched off) mobile
* hot chocolate made with Belgian cocoa
* hydronic heating kicking in in the late afternoon
* finishing a work task (for my day job) and emailing it off
* spangly black crochet fingerless gloves
* my little 'un singing "book-a book-a book-a" to the tune of Dr Knickerbocker
* clean pyjamas and newly-washed fluffy bathrobe
* Patti Smith's homage to Robert Mapplethorpe Just Kids (I can't put it down)
* a big hug from my husband
* the smell of dinner cooking and a glass of Nero D'avola merlot
So much is buzzing around overpopulated metropolis between my synapses... it's been blissful to stop and honour the senses... reminding me of all that is good in my world.