Saturday, October 27, 2012
Blogtoberfest Day #27: Saturday is for savouring
Each Saturday, I play along with 52 weeks of grateful, hosted by my marvellous friend Maxabella. I consider this my weekly gratitude practice and love the way it entices me to keep my eyes open all week for clues as to what really makes me come alive.
All Blogtoberfest12 participants are warmly invited to join in and link up!
This week, I have been grateful for:
1. My little 'un's exuberance in the midst of crazy unpredictable weather (and squelchy wet socks!).
2. This gorgeous shining example of marching to the beat of your own drum by the always-delightful Kirsty aka kootoyoo (via Ms Magnificent Maxabella).
3. My sister's recipe for mango, fetta and avocado salad, with a drizzle of olive oil, lime juice and zest, with pumpkin & sunflower seeds. Heaven! And so addictive.
4. Making a start on a massive de-cluttering project, including the purchase of over twenty clear storage boxes!! Committing to pacing myself, but vowing to leave not a single stone unturned. Anything without practical purpose or sentimental value will be finding a new home... clearing space for a fresh creative outlook in the new year.
5. Terrific time management strategies, courtesy of Kate Swoboda aka Kate Courageous.
6. Booking a ticket to see Beach House in the new year. Gorgeous, huh?!
7. The goodwill and flexibility of a range of people in my life in accommodating new working arrangements that will make my life so much easier.
8. The succulent sounds of this tribute to Philip Glass, courtesy of the inimitable Brain Picker.
9. Finishing a massive, high-stakes review report at work. It's practically all I have been working on since the end of April and it's taken a lot of my intuitive ingenuity, writing talent, organisational prowess and negotiation skills to get it done... making me question whether this is really where I want to expend my creative energies. (A good question to be asking at this stage in my life.)
10. An inkling of what my word for 2013 might be.