Unsurprisingly, after such a long hiatus, I have a lot of gratitude to share! These past few weeks, I have also been grateful for...
1. This amazing piece on finding one's purpose (then what to do with it once found!) courtesy of my bff. Inspiration. And affirmation.
2. I know, I know, I'm shallow. But can we just talk about these shoes for a minute? If you know me, it won't surprise you to learn that I put myself down on the mailing list so I wouldn't miss out when they came online. Uh-huh.
3. The "sharing game" my daughter invented. She sits on my bed with her baby brother and they take it in turns to cuddle an owl cushion then pass it to each other. They can do it for ages and it makes my heart melt every time.
4. Courage, in all its forms. But, in this case, my husband and I standing behind our decision to send our daughter to a bilingual school next year, despite her having had an excellent first year at a local school. The first day of orientation was a little overwhelming and we are prepared for a slightly bumpy ride to begin with. But we know we have a good safety net and we're totally committed to being there for, and with, her.
5. Speaking of courage, our beautiful girl was so brave during the orientation program at her new school. We'd organised a play date the weekend before, so that she could make friends with a girl who will be in her class. She was so excited to see her sweet new friend again and was an amazing "big sister" to this same friend when it came time for parents to leave the room. "Don't worry," she was heard to say, "They're just in the room next door and I am here with you!" That girl. Sigh.
6. A kick-ass recipe via Amy aka The Anxious Hippie's instagram feed: half a cup of oats, a whole mashed banana, a couple of teaspoons of peanut butter and chia seeds, all covered with chocolate almond milk. [I substituted two medjool dates and two teaspoons of cacao nibs for the chia seeds.] It's a simple as compiling it all in a Mason jar, sealing and leaving overnight in the fridge. Schmoosh it up et voila! Makes me look forward to breakfast and keeps me going all morning. OUI!
7. This brilliant piece by Tara Sophia Mohr on learning to love criticism. Wow. I'm open. (Also, I can't wait to dive into her new book.)
8. Have you seen that the Brave Girls Club has a $7 shoppe? I love how this team are so committed to making as much goodness as accessible as possible for as many as possible. Yum!
9. The chap from whom I am renting my writing studio. So very genuine and considerate: a real "old school" gentleman. He made the task of securing appropriate partitioning a priority, and checks in regularly to ensure I'm comfortable and have everything I need. I've settled in so smoothly here and hit the ground running. It really feels like it was meant to be.
10. This brilliant piece by Amy Taylor-Kabbaz about the one sentence that completely changed her day. Ohhhh! How that resonated. And I don't think you need to be a mama to feel the same. She's a smart gal, that one. And I think she's right: we really do have the power to change our sentences. Even if it's only one letter, one pen stroke, one pixel at a time.
What have you been grateful for recently? I'd love to know!