Sunday, March 29, 2015
Savouring my Sunday
This week I have been grateful for...
1. Life getting a tiny bit easier. Bambino's next set of teeth are pushing through -- finally -- and this seems to have made a considerable difference to his mood and sleep patterns. My daughter has truly settled into her new school and has some great plans for the school holidays. My husband and I are emerging from the fog of sleep deprivation and are starting to make plans for a holiday.
2. Walking in the crisp sunshine, savouring the aroma of wood fire smoke. Hot cocoa made in an enamel milk man. Crocheted blankets. New turquoise cowboy boots. Autumn, my favourite.
3. A mindblowingly beautiful gift arriving in the mail from my dear friend Joe (the talented lad who took the photo for my blog banner). So very blessed to have this sweet soul in my corner.
4. Going to see the magnificent Lisa Mitchell in concert on Friday night with my beloved sister. Then. standing in the queue to have her sign some merch when she spied me and smiled, "Kat, right?". I died. Seriously.
5. Spending a beautiful day walking in the sunshine with my bambino along Smith St. As it turned out, the place we wanted to visit (a clothing factory outlet) had closed for renovations. But we had a delicious meander, stopping for a Po' Boy and homemade lemonade for lunch, an artisanal gelato for afternoon tea and discovered a beautifully curated little shop on the way home.
6. This gorgeous book, which I may just have treated myself to at the abovementioned shop (which may just be my new happy place). I love sending snail mail and the ideas in this book have sent my inspiration soaring.
7. Another phenomenal book by Yumi Sakugawa. If there is a single work of art that encapsulates where I am at in my life right now, it's this one.
8. Did you see that Ezzie Spencer has made an incredible Lunar Abundance planner? And it's available free from her website (if you sign up for her mailing list)? In awe of this wise, generous woman.
9. This beautiful piece by Dallas Clayton. It made me think of my friend Philippa Moore's wonderful news. I am so happy for her, as this is such brilliant recognition of her talent and hard work. I am also happy for all the people who will be discovering her work for the first time through her new book and gaining as much joy and hope as I have over the years. But also, I think this is a wonderful sign for all of us who have been blogging and writing over the years. People do notice! (Publishers, even!)
10. The beautiful creations of Kelly aka Umber Dove. I own her Rise Up and Wild tees and they feel extremely powerful. They arrived at a time when I was revisiting Alela Diane's Can You Blame the Sky and reading Terry Tempest William's When Women Were Birds. Synchronicity is everything.
10. + 1 The prompts for April Moon are almost teed up and ready to go. It's going to be a really beautiful reflective writing challenge this year, thanks to the Midas Touch of my amazing friend Alana. Be sure you're signed up so you don't miss the magic!
What were you grateful for this week?